Dr. Nikolas Chugay has extensive experience in Facial Plastic, Aesthetic and Cosmetic Plastic Surgery and has practiced for nearly 40 years. He has performed over 30,000 surgical procedures, published numerous articles in medical press, published a textbook on body implants (Body Sculpting with Silicone Implants by Springer Press), contributed chapters to several textbooks in aesthetic surgery, designed many new procedures, and invented several new implants used for muscular augmentation.
Dr. Chugay was born in China to parents of Russian descent. Following many other Russian families out of China, Dr. Chugay’s family relocated to Brazil prior to moving to the United States. Dr. Chugay spent his early years in San Francisco, California and graduated with a bachelor of arts (B.A.) from the University of California at Berkeley. After completing his undergraduate training, Dr. Chugay completed his medical training at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine. He went on to complete his internship in Miami prior to joining the military and serving in the 101st Airborne as Third Brigade Surgeon. On return from his service, Dr. Chugay went on to complete his surgical training in otolaryngology and facial plastic surgery at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Subsequent to this, Dr. Nikolas Chugay went on to train with Dr. Ivo Pitanguy, a pioneer in full body aesthetic plastic surgery, to craft his skills in full body cosmetic surgery. After completing his training, he moved back to Southern California to open his practice specializing in full body aesthetic surgery.
Having begun his work in body implants over 20 years ago, Dr. Chugay loves to help patients fulfill their dreams of a more sculpted body. Whether it is the calf implant to give a club foot patient greater symmetry in their legs or helping a transgender patient achieve that curvier silhouette, Dr. Chugay is committed to helping each patient achieve what many said was unattainable. Through the use of body implants, some of which he has designed over the past two decades, Dr. Chugay has allowed patients to lead more confident and happy lives through implant surgery.
Education and Training
- 1963-1967 University of California Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts
- 1967-1971 Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- 1971-1972 Rotating Internship: Osteopathic General Hospital of N. Miami Beach, FL
- 1972-1974 Military service – Third Brigade Surgeon for the 101st Airborne Division Medical service involved General Medicine, General Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery.
- 1974-1977 Residency in Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 1977 Began in practice in Southern California
- 1979-1980 Elective fellowship with Ivo Pitanguy in aesthetic plastic surgery
- Board-Certified in Facial Plastic Surgery (Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology)
- Diplomate American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Diplomate American Board of Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Fellow of American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery
- American Society of Liposuction Surgery
- European Academy of Cosmetic Surgery